Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Christmas Story

Last Saturday, Matt and I got the lucky opportunity of playing Mary and Joseph in the live nativity at the LDS temple in Kennsington, MD. We were so excited when our friend (who was in charge of finding couples to participate) asked us. It was truly a rewarding experience to fill the shoes of the holy couple. I have seen many live nativities before and participated in some as a little kid, but this was definitely different. Perhaps it was the full costume (complete with a full beard for Matt), or the outside makeshift manger with hay. I was really caught up in the reality of the nativity story. I was so humbled as I imagined the small doll that I held as Christ, my Savior. It was tough not to get a little teary-eyed. It was the perfect way to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.

No comments: