Friday, December 29, 2006

Vacation After the Vacation

I'm a firm believer in having a vacation after your vacation. Each time we go somewhere I try to make sure we have at least one day before normal life sets in where we can recuperate from the trip. This is mostly spent relaxing but also includes doing laundry, shopping, etc.

This time I've outdone myself though. We've ended up with a 5-day post-vacation vacation. Matt doesn't go to work until Tuesday morning, so we still have all day tomorrow, Sunday and Monday to just relax at home. We've done little to nothing, and it's been wonderful. As we were heading to a party this evening at a friends house Matt commented, "I haven't done much today." I thought for a minute and realized that I also had not done much of anything. I don't know how the day went by, but we had very little accomplished by the end of it. It's kind of a nice luxury to have once in a while. Maybe we'll get more done tomorrow - or maybe not. That's the beauty of the vacation after the vacation.

No comments: