We've made it to Arizona despite the winter storm that stopped traffic and planes all day yesterday. Our flight from Salt Lake was so turbulent, they skipped beverage service - which was more than distressing to me because I was dehydrated and aching for a drink of water. Luckily, the flight is only an hour and 20 minutes long.
My parents have moved to the western edge of the Phoenix suburbs. (I refer to it as greater Los Angeles, but that is a bit of stretch.) This means that there's still an hour drive or so to get home from the airport. But we made it and just in time to save my sister and mom from being locked outside the house since my mom (as she is prone to do) left her keys locked inside.*
This year, my two sisters and one of my brothers is here with me at my parent's house. My two other brothers are elsewhere with their families. This means that Ellie is the only grandchild around - meaning she is outnumbered 8 to 1. You'd think with 7 other people over the age of 24, I would be able to get away from her, but I seem to be her favorite person (for better or worse) especially when things are sad. But the help is still tremendous. I can even go to the bathroom alone - a luxury I am sure I took for granted before having children.
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Yippie!
*It's such a common occurence that when my sister called me to tell what had happened, I wasn't the least bit surprised.
No comments:
Post a Comment