Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Bunch of Days Before Christmas

Big things accomplished today:

Tonight Ellie and I went to the tree lighting at the Capitol building. There wasn't much to it. Members from the Navy band played some Christmas carols, politicians spoke, and they lit the tree. It was very green, blue and red. I think Ellie really liked looking at the lights.

Ellie took several steps in a row at playgroup. I think she was scared of the woman I had left her with, because she scrambled to me as fast as she could. Poor Bryn is a wonderful person, but Ellie was probably just uncomfortable standing by a stranger.

I just finished making my Christmas wreath that is now proudly hanging on my door. This is a tradition that I picked up in Cambridge two years ago. The annual wreathmaking event is a HUGE affair at church and I fell in love with doing it. Luckily the local high school athletic boosters that sold us our Christmas tree let me take as many discarded tree branches as I needed to make a fabulous wreath. It's beautiful.

While making the wreath, I watched a program on HGTV* showcasing all of this year's Christmas decorations at the White House. How thrilled am I to know that this year the White House is decorated with RED and SILVER everything? So thrilled, because my tree is too. Proving that I must have impeccable decorating taste.

All in all, not a bad day.

*Seriously, the best channel on television. What would I do without it?

No comments: