My baby that will eat anything. Honestly, she does. I cannot believe how much she loves food and it doesn't seem to matter what it is - she will eat it. She loves veggies, she loves fruits, she loves all manner of healthy food. She loves to eat and it clearly shows from her cute chubby cheeks to her 25 lbs of cuteness at 12 months (a 90th percentile baby since she was born). She wants to eat whenever anyone else is and usually she wants to eat exactly what they are eating. I honestly don't know how I got such a daughter considering my incredible pickiness when it comes to eating. I'm sure my mother is shocked. Ellie's like of every food was definitely not inherited by me.*
We went out for dinner at IHOP last night with a friend and her baby and she asked me what kinds of food Ellie didn't like. She was surprised when I told her that Ellie likes everything and I haven't found anything that she doesn't like. Wouldn't you know it though, Ellie decided to prove me wrong. The meal began typically she loved her fruit dish, ate her ham, stole pieces of pancake from our friend, and even snatched french fries from her unsuspecting baby as well. But when she got to the various parts of my salad - tomatoes, lettuce, hard-boiled egg, etc she took one bite of the black olives and gave the funniest face of disgust I've seen. We have finally found something she doesn't like. The list has begun.
*The best is seeing the incredible joy she has while she eats. She's just so excited about it. She bounces up and down, makes "Mmm" sounds and just smiles like she is doing the best thing in the world. Such simple pleasures.
No comments:
Post a Comment