Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Deck the Halls

When it comes to shopping, I am rarely excessive. Thrifty is the nice way to put how cheap I am. There seems to be an exception to my cheapness, however, and it is Christmas decor. I don't know what came over me, but I have been going from store to store to store to store gathering Christmas decor items. There's the tree skirt, the jingle bell ornaments, the table runner, the self-made table centerpiece, the two door hangers with jingle bells, the candles over the fireplace, etc.

For some reason I got on a kick to decorate the house and I went crazy. Funny how last year I didn't realize we were Christmas decor deficient. (The fact that Ellie was just over month old probably had something to do with that.) But we aren't deficient anymore. I have been all over town - buying, comparing prices and quality, returning, buying again - all in the search for the perfect Christmas decorated house.* Just a few more things to do. By the time I finally finish - it will be time to go home for Christmas to be with my family in Arizona. Oh well. What's worse is that I've been so wrapped up in getting all of my Christmas decorating items, I haven't done a single bit of Christmas gift shopping. I'm in trouble.

*Ellie has been such a trooper through all of my endless trips. We can tackle 7 or 8 stores in an afternoon and she's still as pleasant as ever.

No comments: