Monday, December 11, 2006

Up and at 'em

Well, I dragged myself out bed this morning at 5:45am and made it to the gym. I never like going to the gym, and I don't like it while I'm there either. But after I've worked out I feel so good - like I accomplished something worthwhile. I just have to get myself to think about how good I feel afterwards before I go and I will be more excited about going.

I also need to take a tip from my daughter Ellie. Everyone should greet the morning the way she does. Each morning, we hear her babbling in her crib and we go to get her. When we open the door, she is standing in her crib on the side closest to the door. She is bouncing up and down, giggling playfully, so excited to begin the day, as if to say "Oh Mom and Dad, I'm so glad you're here. Thanks for coming to get me. I'm so happy to start the day!" I don't know how she does it, but I suspect the fact that she's been asleep for 12 straight hours has something to do with it. What a cutie!

No comments: