For the past five months we have been harboring a secret. A secret that was known only to a select few individuals. At first, our circle of secrery included just Matt and I. But we knew we would need an accomplice to help us carry out our clandestine operation, so we enlisted the help of his willing and able older brother, Dirk. We decided not to tell Matt's other brothers to keep the secret from being shared accidentally. "Loose lips, sink ships," you know.
What was the secret, you ask?
We made a surprise pre-Christmas visit to Matt's parents in Provo, Utah.
They were not expecting to see us this year, as it is my family's year for Christmas and we'll be with them in Arizona. Imagine their startled faces when we woke them up at 11pm last night standing in their doorway. They were shocked and thrilled.
This is probably the best and most complicated secret surprise I've carried out before and I have to say I am so pleased with my handiwork. From getting presents shipped here so they wouldn't get suspicious, to ensuring they had all of the proper baby equipment when we came - I think I should get a gold star. No doubt, the CIA will be calling me for tips when they learn of my prowess.
And all that is left to do is bask in my glory and enjoy a few quiet days with in-laws who are aching to play with their favorite Virginian granddaughter. As Harry Potter would say, as he taps the Marauder's map, "Mischief Managed."
No comments:
Post a Comment