This Saturday was our day to babysit for our babysitting swap. Because two families are out of town, we felt that we were going to be lucky just watching 4 kids, rather than the usual 8 in our group.
But of course, a twist in our plans presented itself. Turns out that Matt's brother, who is moving to NYC, arrived with Matt's dad in NYC Friday afternoon with no one to help them move into his fifth floor apartment. (It is important to point out that the apartment building does NOT have an elevator!) So Matt hopped into the car early early Saturday morning to make the 4-5 hour drive to NYC to lend a hand. The three of them spent hours and hours, climbing stair upon stairs, moving Randy and his family of three into their new apartment. (Did I mention that the power hasn't been turned on yet, either?)
And I was left watching Ellie alone all day and then watching the other three children in our babysitting group by myself. I definitely believe I got the better end of the stick on this one. The kids were great. If anything, it would have been nice to have another 3 yr-old to keep the other 3 yr-old interested. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment