Friday, February 09, 2007

A Clean Bill of Health

I took Ellie to her 15-month checkup yesterday. It went really well. She's in perfect health - barring a little dry skin that needs some extra lotion. She is such a sweetie at the doctor. She sits so pleasantly while the doctor checks her out. Of course, she cries when she gets her shots but she calms down pretty quickly. It's still hard to see her get her shots. I can't wait until after she's two and we get to take a break on the shots.

And the best news is that she actually only gained one pound since her last appointment - sliding her down from the 95th percentile to the 80th percentile! Yea!!!! I have spent too much time stressing out about the fact that she has always been in the 90th-99th percentile for weight. But she's finally hit a plateau and her new 80th percentile rating is evidence of that. I'm so happy! Don't get me wrong, I love her chubby cheeks and her baby fat, but I'm tired of some folks giving me grief because she's heavy and I'm tired of seeing every other baby her age (and most older babies) who are smaller and lighter than her. It's so frustrating, especially because I never feed her junk food, let alone juice, snacks, and other things. But finally, she's slimming down. Yippie!!!!


Here she is in all of her cuteness.


No comments: