The Inbox sign told me that I had 38 messages! I've been spammed I thought, oh no!!! But it was the best kind of spam a girl could ask for. Somebody (not naming names here, but you could take a wild guess) emailed all of my friends and family and asked them to send me birthday wishes. What a surprise to hear from so many wonderful people!
It was really amazing to read each quick greeting and think about the person who sent it and how much I love and care for them. I heard from people I haven't heard from or seen in years, people I knew throughout all the major stages of my life, old roommates, cousins, aunts & uncles, neighbors, etc. I felt so loved and cared for. All told, I've received more than 50 email messages wishing me a happy birthday and I am completely overwhelmed. Earlier I complained that I didn't know what I wanted for my birthday. Clearly I need to give Matt more credit, he knew exactly what was the perfect present for me - hearing from all of the people I love.
Thanks to all who emailed. It really was the best gift ever. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciated it. It may have taken you only seconds to do, but it made an phenomenal impact on my life. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment