Thursday, February 01, 2007

W-2, 1099-DIV, Schedule A, and more fun!

Here's the truth. I'm a closet accountant. Not really, but I do like managing money - or at least my money. So imagine how anxious I have been to receive Matt's W-2 form in the mail. On pins and needles, I jest not. So anxious, in fact, that when it was delivered to Matt's office, I actually had him read the numbers to me over the telephone so I could get a jumpstart on taxes. I then spent all of Ellie's nap plugging in numbers and going through all of the tax forms that I have been diligently collecting since the beginning of the year.* (I know, I'm such a geek.) But, you see, I have an incentive. I know we are going to get a refund and I want it as soon as possible. So even though reading IRS forms until my eyes hurt isn't exactly my idea of fun, it is so worth it when I figure out how much the feds are going to return to me. Yippie!

* Yes, we do them all by ourselves!!! I know, it's amazing. Why pay someone else to do something that I can do just easily myself? It's not like they are that hard. We even send them via snail mail because I am too cheap to pay the costs of filing electronically.

No comments: