I took Ellie to the gym today because Matt is out of town. It was the first time I have taken her to the nursery or any kind of formal childcare situation. I wondered how she was going to react. She's actually really good at me leaving her - I do it often enough - but I always leave her with someone that I know and someone that she's familiar with so I wondered if she would be all right around strangers.
As soon as we walked into the nursery, I realized I had nothing to fear. It was full of toys (lots and lots). I could barely get Ellie's jacket off before she ran to the first toy that grabbed her attention. She didn't notice me while I signed her name in, chatted with the sweet ladies running the nursery, or as I slipped out the door to go workout. I came back 50 minutes later and she was sitting with some other boys playing with matchbox cars (cars, of course, are her favorite kind of toy). She had a ball. Both ladies working in the nursery said "She didn't even notice you were gone." I laughed. If only I take her there every day while I run errands or take a nap. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment