I finished Persuasion last night. I've read it before and seen the movie so I knew what to expect. It was fabulous, of course. Jane Austen is such a tremendous writer. Now Persuasion is on our Blockbuster Total Access movie list. I can't wait to watch it again, particularly since its fresh in my mind. Next book up is Eat Shoots & Leaves, which I have heard wonderful things about.
Looking ahead to the summer, and knowing that the final Harry Potter book will be coming out, I have decided to reread all six of the earlier books before the 7th one comes out. I want to have them fresh in my mind too before I start the new one. But my dilemma is deciding when to start reading the books. I know it will take some time. (Believe it or not, I'm an incredibly slow reader.) And even though I really love the Harry Potter books, I can't read them very fast or like so many other people I know, I can't read a book in a couple of days or nights, I just don't have the attention span.* So I'm trying to figure out when I am going to start reading them. It might have to be as early as April. Which means of course, that I won't be able to read anything else. (My bookclub is going to hate me.) Oh well, such is life.
* It's a flaw, I know. I just can't help it. There's a post waiting to be written about my pathetic attention span when it comes to books, but that's for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment