Monday, February 12, 2007

Spiritually Fed

I knew for a couple of weeks that Elder Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (of which I am a member) was coming to speak at the stake conference in neighboring Annandale, Virginia this past weekend.* However, since I am not a member of that stake and my regular church meetings conflicted with the time of the conference I knew I was going to have to miss his address. (I have primary to teach and plus, I went to BYU and saw several church leaders speak in person, including Elder Packer, so it's not like this would be a first time for me.)

But in a fortuitous twist, the sewer system backed up at our church building and church was cancelled yesterday. So I packed Ellie into the car and gave her her first glimpse of an apostle of the Lord. It was a wonderful conference. I was so spiritually fed. Ellie was fed too, only she was fed physically, as I kept meting out cheerios to keep her occupied. I'm so glad I went.

*My friend, Marni, attends this stake and clued me in as soon as she got word.

No comments: