So we've finally begun telling people* - we are expecting baby #2! Yippie! Our due date is November 10th. We are very excited to have another, although I notice this time around there is a little more cautiousness in our excitement. We were so excited to become parents with Ellie, that I think at least for me, I had very little anxiety or dread for the actual work of parenthood. Now that this isn't our first time around the block, however, I am seriously not looking forward to the recovery and all of the sleepless nights. Of course, it's all totally worth it, but I can't help but sort of wish that I could fast forward about a year from now when baby#2 will be sleeping through the night (hopefully!). Oh well.
Anyway, we are excited. We've taught Ellie to point at my tummy and say "baby". Though I am beginning to think that she thinks the name for belly button is baby because every time she touches my tummy she insists on lifting up my shirt, jabbing her finger in to my bellybutton and saying baby. It's fine when we're home alone, but its a little embarrassing with others around.
So that's our news.
*It's a good thing too, because it's getting harder for me to get into my regular clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment