I was tagged a little while ago by my friend Becca to write a post revealing seven random things about me. Some of these things aren't too surprising, others you may not have heard before. All, of course, are true.
I've been to all but 3 of the 50 states - yes indeed, that's 47 out of 50. What are the hold outs, you ask? Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. All you Portland lovers out there - get over it.* Someday, I need to make a trip to the northwest, then I will be complete.
You can read some of my writing in the Harvard Law School library, as well as other law libraries around the country - this comes from working for a couple of senators on Capitol Hill. As a staffer, I often wrote speeches and other things for my bosses to either give on the Senate floor or to put in the Congressional Record. Of course, none of my work is under my name. But I took great pleasure one day strolling through the Harvard Law Library and finding the Congressional Records sitting a row, thumbing through and finding things that I had written.
I don't eat seafood - my hard and fast rule is "If it breathes underwater, it's not for me." When I was younger, I think I ate fish sticks and tuna, but I have even ruled that out as an adult. I don't like seafood - I hate the way it looks, I hate the way it smells, yuck, yuck, yuck!
I'm a squeamish carnivore - this may come as a surprise to those who know me well and know that I love a good fillet mignon and well any kind of meat (except seafood as previously mentioned) However, I really get uncomfortable if the meat is served in a way that reminds me of where it came from. Hence, I do not like any meat that has bones in it - t-bone steaks, ribs, chicken wings, etc. I'll eat hamburgers, sausage, boneless chicken breasts, bacon, boneless steaks, etc to my heart's content, but throw a bone in there and I usually take a pass.
I've had laser hair removal - on my lower legs and underarms. It was the best thing ever. I love not having to shave every other day. It's great.
For five years, I performed in a circus - The county I grew up in (Miami County, Indiana) ran an amateur circus (children ages 8-18 were the performers). Everyone that was anyone, performed in it. I did tumbling, hung by my wrist and ankle on all sorts of apparatuses that swung over the audience, and even performed a handstand on a moving bike. It was a ton of fun. The circus still performs today, check it out here - http://www.perucircus.com/
In high school, I was voted most likely to receive a star on Hollywood - I did a lot of theater in high school and was very active in all of the plays and productions. I even dabbled a little in community theater and the speech team. I thought about doing more in college, but I quickly realized that in high school I had been a big fish in a little pond, the same would not be true in college. Still, I love to go see just about any musical, and as noted in earlier posts was able to get back on stage last November in a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which was a blast to do.
There you go - your seven random things. And you thought you knew me so well...
*I have nothing against Portland itself, I have just noticed that people can often be overly passionate (to the point of fanatical) about their love for this town.
No comments:
Post a Comment