Monday, May 14, 2007

A Very Happy Mother's Day

Mother's day report:

I woke up early and ate breakfast before anyone else was up. (I do this all the time when I'm pregnant, as soon as I wake up I'm starving and I can't wait to eat.) Luckily I didn't spoil any plans for breakfast in bed, or if I did, Matt and Ellie didn't let on.

After breakfast, I crawled back into bed for some extra snoozes until Ellie and Matt woke up. Ellie and Matt then greeted me with a nice stack of presents and cards from Ellie, my mother, and mother-in-law. Ellie gave me a hairdryer, which is actually a very perceptive gift as my current hairdryer has been on the way out for several months now. She also gave me one of those hand massage gadgets that vibrate when you press a button. Reportedly, Matt showed it to her at the store and she became addicted to making it shake. (I think it's more for Ellie than me, but it's very nice.)

Matt was also extra helpful with Ellie today. I got a nap and enjoyed a very relaxing day. To top it all off, some friends came over to play games and I finally won a game called Ticket to Ride, which we have recently been introduced to. (Though my extreme lead in a Settlers game was lost by a dark horse just before I was about to win, devastating!) Still, the Ticket to Ride win was extremely fulfilling as we have played it now some 8-10 times, and until my success last night, victory had eluded me. It was a great way to wrap up Mother's day. Thanks, Shupes!

No comments: