Getting myself to the gym recently has been very difficult. There are so many excuses not to go, what with being pregnant and everything. For instance, I'm exhausted most of the time, so I don't feel like I can get up early to go - like I have in the past. If I go during the day, I run the chance that Ellie will freak out at the gym nursery and while I don't really worry that she will be sad, I pity the poor women who have to watch her while I work out. If I wait until the end of the day, I have to hope that Matt will be home in time for me to go and I have to hope that I won't be exhausted by the end of the day, which I usually am.
But I think the biggest deterrent is the fact that because I am pregnant, no matter how much I work out, I am not going to lose weight, but instead will be gaining weight (which is, of course, expected when your expecting). It's just so easy to say in my mind, "what does it matter, I am going to gain weight whether I go or not?"
But I know the counter to that argument, which is that I, of all people, need to be active during my pregnancies. First, I don't have any limitations like many other women who are pregnant. And most importantly, I have a history of gestational diabetes - which will only be helped and potentially prevented this time around by working out regularly.
So I dragged myself to the gym this morning (for the first time this week) at 5:45am because of the reasons aforementioned and also because I woke up (with no alarm) at 5:30am and had no excuse. But I really need to recommit and stop making the pregnancy excuses. They just don't fly. And I need to remind myself how good I feel after I've worked out. Because even though I don't like working out, and I don't like going to the gym, I like how I feel when I'm done. So I begin again - hopefully tomorrow morning. That's the plan. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment