I'm fairly loyal to the places that I shop and go out to eat, etc. I usually like to go with the sure thing than try something new that I don't like. This is true with restaurants, actual product brands, and other retail stores. It's even true with the place I go to get my oil changed. I can't help it. I just really like them. I used to live in Arlington, near the border of Alexandria, and the cheapest place to get your oil changed was a short drive down the street. They are one of those express places like Jiffy Lube or Valvoline (so they do the full service - adjust tire pressure, refill fluids, check for problems, etc), but there are only two in the city.
Now that I live ten miles away, I still like to go there rather than any other place. I've found that nobody can beat their price. Not only that, I never feel pressured to get extra things done, unlike other places I've gone to. Of course, there are times when they recommend certain services - a transmission flush, new air filter, but they don't do it every time (like other places I know of) and they always take me over to the car to show why they are recommending the fix. I feel like I can trust them - and for seven years I have. So this morning I made the 20 mile round trip to get my oil changed in 10 minutes at good old faithful Lube-It. And I don't regret it one bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment