Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Green Victory

Matt gave me a hard time Sunday evening, reminding me constantly that I needed to wear green on Monday because it was St. Patrick's Day. But I already wore the only green thing I have (a shirt) to a St. Patrick's Day party Saturday night, I told him. He was merciless. "You gotta wear something green or I will pinch you." So I went through all of my clothes yesterday and found a pair of green (olive) pants that I used to fit pre-pregnancy. I haven't been trying on a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes because I have been depressed when I find out that I still can't fit into them.

Imagine the complete pleasure I enjoyed when I discovered that the pants indeed do fit! Hallelujah! Those early mornings in the gym are starting to pay off. The only downside was the fact that Matt challenged the greenness of the pants. Can you believe it? Here I was thrilled with the fact that I even could put them on and he has the audacity to claim that they really aren't green! I sternly gave him a piece of my mind including my pride with actually fitting into them and he quickly retracted his previous objections - the nerve!! When will men ever learn? Never challenge a woman when it comes to clothes, especially when it comes to the sensitive subject of fitting into them!

2 comments:

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

This blog is great! You tell him Shelly! hahaha!

...and good for you for fitting into those pants!

Lisa said...

No man will ever understand the joy of getting back into your pre-pregnancy pants. Congratulations!!