Friday, March 28, 2008

A Night of Pampering and Sublime Indulgence

I had a wonderful night last night.

First, I was treated to my very first professional pedicure. I know, how pathetic - I'm 30 years old and I've never had a real pedicure. I've probably only painted my toenails four or five times before last night too. Well, my dear sweet former roommate, Melissa, (check yesterday's post) treated me to a pedicure as a late birthday present last night and it was heaven. Who knew that $20 could do so much for my torn up feet? I have the worst callouses in the world. In fact, I was convinced that feet are the ugliest part of your body. But you would never believe how incredibly smooth my feet feel and their pretty too! I always thought pedicures were just for looks - you know, the polish. Not so! It's a complete food care system! They have this tool (a razor like thing) that actually rubs all of the dead skin on your heels and toes. Who knew? (Probably everybody, but not me!) Anyway I can't tell you how wonderful my feet look and feel. Melissa could be in trouble - she may have started a habit!

And to top off the night, I partook of quite possibly the most decadent cannoli of all time - direct from Boston! We have some friends who took a quick trip up there over the past few days. They asked me for some tips of what to see and of course, I strongly recommended that they get some cannoli straight from the North End, specifically Mike's Pastry. Which they did, but not only that, they agreed to buy some for me! So at 9:30pm, I rushed over to their house (they had just flew in an hour earlier) gave them some cash for their trouble (a pittance for such delectable indulgence) and picked up my coveted box of goodies. Oh it was bliss, yes, that's right folks, it was sublime. It was dipped in chocolate, filled with chocolate mousse, covered in mini chocolate chips! Sigh. Oh how I miss a good cannoli! And the best part is that I have another one to eat tonight!

I truly couldn't have asked for a better night. I felt positively pampered. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm glad you're realizing it's important to take care of yourself, not just the kiddos!! Did you really not even get a pedicure for your wedding day???

Shelly said...

No, not even for my wedding day. Can you believe it? I just painted them myself, though I did have a manicure done - the second one of my life.

Brynn said...

Good for you! I didn't get in on the world of pedicures until after I was married either. They are heaven aren't they. Now if I just had the time and money to get them consistently. Ahh someday!