Friday, May 30, 2008

Au Natural

We went to the National Museum of Natural History yesterday for a tour with Matt's office. I'm not too interested in natural history stuff. Before I had kids, I only went to this museum once because, you know, you ought to go once, right? But looking at taxidermy animals and dinosaur bones just isn't my thing. But Ellie really likes looking at the animals, so we've been a few times in the past. Despite my general disinterest in the subject, I really liked the tour last night. It helped that Ellie and Annie were both in a good mood and behaved really well. Also, it's nice to have a docent give a tour because they add more color to the exhibits that what is available regularly. I was surprised that I enjoyed the bone and insect exhibit - parts of the museum I have never gone to before. I did miss spending less time than I would have liked in my favorite parts - the stone & gem collection and the section on plate tectonics. It was nice to get out and even nicer to have Matt with us, so I only had to handle one kid instead of two. All in all, we had a great time.

No comments: