Saturday, May 24, 2008

Long Lost Friends

One of the nice things about the fact that Matt is from Utah is that many of our friends live in Utah. Unfortunately, we don't always get to see friends when we come to visit because we are so busy seeing family. And there is a lot of family to visit. I have a brother and sister who live in Utah (another brother and his family are planning to move there soon) and several cousins. Matt's parents, brother, and like every cousin, aunt, uncle, grandma - EVERYONE lives there too.

So it's a treat to see friends too, though I wasn't able to see all of our Utah friends. Thanks to Tim and Lisa for giving up a Saturday night to make us a very yummy dinner in their super nice new home. Only DC-ites (well, New Yorkers and Californians also) would appreciate the massive amount of home space available at such a price. Ellie and Barrett used to be playmates when they were babies, and they took up right where they left off instantly.


Can you believe how much bigger Annie is than Charlotte? They are only a month apart in age!
Lisa and Tim - you can always move back. We miss you so much!!

Finally thanks to my old college roommate, Rachel, who called me and agreed to come to my in-laws' house last minute so we could catch up. I can't believe it's been 11 years since we first met our freshman year at BYU. WOW! I love you, Rachel.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I just sent you all of the pictures that I took and then I checked your blog and you had these up! It was fun seeing you and the girls. Ellie has grown so much and it was nice to finally meet Annie! Hopefully you'll take another long trip to Utah so that we can see you again soon!

Unknown said...

I once was lost, but now I'm found.... :) It's so good to see that you are doing well!

Mollie (Rachel's other roomate)