Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Home

Well we made it. We flew back to DC yesterday on a flight that really was one of the best I've been on since I've had kids (except for Ellie's first flight when she slept through the whole thing!). We lucked out and got a seat for Annie and she was content to just sit in her carseat for all but 20 minutes of the flight. Ellie was awake the whole time, but generally very content with all of the activities I had brought for her. I actually got to read! A miracle.*

Matt was there to pick us up and it was so great to see him. Ellie was especially glad to see her Daddy. Both girls were so tired after the flight, they both slept on the way home from BWI (Ellie hasn't slept in the car in probably a year - so that in itself is amazing).

Now we are home. There's tons to do - grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning and all of those everyday activities. But I'm so glad to be home and I'm looking forward to getting back into our home routine. I've missed Matt. I've missed my very comfy bed. I've missed my friends. Even though we were only gone 13 days, I feel like in some ways it was an eternity. So many things have happened. Matt mentioned that Annie looks noticeably bigger, which is probably true. We'll find out tomorrow when we go in for her 6 month check up. She even got her first teeth on the trip - the two bottom ones!

I haven't downloaded my pictures yet, but I will be sure to post some and give a little more info on our trip. Til then, we are just glad to be home and back to the old grind.

*The other miracle was that my former roommate, Ruth, happened to be on the flight as well and was seated in the aisle seat directly behind me. She was so wonderful. She helped me get everything on and off the plane and sat with each girl when I needed to do diaper changes. How lucky is that? Thank you, Ruth!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love the flights where everything goes right. They are so few and far between but wonderful. I love getting back home after a trip. It is just so great to be back where everything belongs to you and the kids have their own beds.