My mother is a saint. I sang her praises back in December when she came to help out after Annie was born. And now, I am doing it again. I just spent three days with my parents in Arizona and I can't tell you how wonderful she has been with my little girls. She has changed diapers, read books, entertained, fed, cuddled, comforted, and done everything else for my girls. She never ceases to amaze me at how much energy she has for them and how well she relates to them.
But by far the thing that has earned her a permanent spot in heaven was when she offered to do the nighttime feeding for Annie two nights in a row! She put Annie in the pack n play in her big walk-in closet and let me sleep for two straight nights. I couldn't believe it when she offered, and I cannot tell you how grateful I was. My mother is truly an angel. Since my parent's bedroom is on the completely opposite side of the house from the other rooms I didn't even hear Annie wake up at night either. It was heaven.
I hope I can be such a wonderful mother to my sweet little girls someday. I know everyone loves their mom, but I'm telling you now, my mom is the best mother around. I love her so much for her selfless service and sacrifice. I just wish I could repay her, but I know there's no way I can. Thanks, Mom. You always know what I need. I love you.
2 comments:
That is so awesome. I hope I can be around to help when Nicky has babies. What a neat blessing. Your mom is so nice.
I will second theat sentiment about your mother! I will never forget how she took on my screaming colicky Emma when she was 7 weeks old at my brother's wedding reception! She screamed so loud you could hear her on the other side of the house and your mom gave me a break by walking her for a long time. She is so sweet and I will never forget this nice act of kindness and how much it meant to me when I dealt with this screaming 20 hours a day for 4 months straight. If you are reading this Aunt Margie, Thanks!
Post a Comment