Fortunately lilacs grow in Virginia. We planted a lilac bush last year in our backyard and I couldn't wait for them to bloom this year. Sadly, our little bush didn't produce any flowers this year. I don't know why. Maybe we bought a defective bush, or maybe the soil and location is wrong. I don't know, but it really made me sad this past spring. On top of that, I was so busy I really didn't get out very often to smell other lilacs that were in bloom (a favorite activity of mine in the spring; I just take walks and stop and smell lilacs wherever I can find them).
So as I left for our trip, I knew by the time we got back the lilacs would be gone and I would have missed them completely this year. But Utah gave me a second chance. I don't know if it's because their spring was so much colder than usual or if they just have a later bloom time than we do, here in Virginia. But their lilacs bloomed while I was there.
It was wonderful! I would take an early walk every morning and stop and smell all of the lilacs. There was this particular house that had an entire line of huge lilac bushes that stretched their entire property. It didn't get into full bloom until the last two days of my visit - but they were absolutely beautiful!!!
I know it's just a little thing, but I'm so glad that God made lilacs. They make me feel so good. I just love them. Here's a few pictures of the lilacs I encountered on my walks in Provo.
*Go ahead, ask me how I really feel about Arizona.
2 comments:
The person who lives in the lilac house is after my own heart. That is completely awesome! :) I can almost smell those now in my imagination.
P.S. Welcome back! I was glad to see you back in church to keep Matt company. :)
Post a Comment