When she moved in a couple of years ago, the first thing she told Matt was that she was very reserved. She wasn't kidding, she keeps to herself most of the time. But she's learned Ellie and Annie's names and I've noticed that she has done little things for them. For instance, last spring she planted tulips that were pink and she said she did it because Ellie likes pink and she thought Ellie would like them. Is that sweet or what?
Anyway, the sweetest thing she's done is present the girls with homemade bears this year for Christmas. Can you believe it? She actually made these darling bears by herself (this kind of sewing is a lost art, I swear!) And wasn't that the nicest thing to make these bears for our girls? I was so touched and felt that our earlier gift of a Christmas goodie plate paled in comparison to her generous gift.
Here is a picture of Ellie with Butterfly and Cloud (she named them herself). Butterfly is Ellie's and Cloud is Annie's and yes, they both sleep with their bear every night.
3 comments:
wait a second, is ellie wearing a princess dress?
Can you believe it? She went to lunch with a little friend, Holly, who brought it for Ellie to wear, because the last time they were together Ellie was really sad that she didn't have a princess dress and Holly did. Ellie really loved wearing the dress and even borrowed it for the day. And when she sees this picture she refers to herself as Cinderella. Funny, huh? I briefly considered getting her a princess dress for Christmas, but then I realized that if I did that, she'd want to wear it exclusively and I didn't want to deal with that.
i thought it was maybe a christmas gift, that you had finally caved!
Post a Comment