Here are some pics from some of the Christmas exhibits and festivities we've attended so far this season.
The first three are from the Christmas train exhibit at the United States Botanical Gardens. We went here last year and they have really expanded it. It was just a little train outside the building. But now it takes up a large room within the building. It's a train lovers paradise, so of course, my girls were excited.
We also went to the DAR (Daugthers of the American Revolution) Christmas Open House. This is the like the little known gem of town. They have a fabulous children's toy room upstairs that has hands-on activities. And currently in their museum they have a hands-on toy exhibit as well. Plus, one night each year they do their Christmas Open House complete with carolers, goodies, and Santa. And this Santa is the most accessible one in town (read: no lines!!!!) Ellie liked sitting with Santa again. But Annie was completely terrified, so we didn't get a picture of her with Santa. Oh well.
Finally, Friday night Matt and I attended our fourth Christmas concert in 7 days - the National Symphony Orchestra Pop's Christmas Concert. We went to this last year and I really liked it. Fortunately I was able to convince Matt that we needed to go to it again this year. I'm not one for symphony concerts, but I really like Pop's concerts because they play music I know and love. And the Christmas one is even better because I love Christmas music - nothing's better than hearing Sleigh Ride played by a full orchestra. (I love it when the trumpets take the melody and the trombones just jam, it's awesome!)


1 comment:
Aydon would have loved to see those trains! What fun Christmas things you guys get to do!
Post a Comment