Friday, January 09, 2009

Annie's Growing Up

Beyond her awesome walking (which I appreciate every day) Annie is making great progress with communicating. She's doing more signs among them are "more, eat, all done, please, thank you and hat." She's even saying a few words. She loves saying Dada and has picked up Mama. And funny enough she's been heard to say "cheese" when the camera is pointed to her. I'm telling you, she loves the camera and now it's clear that she's figured out how to verbalize the command we always give when we take pictures: "say cheese."

She's also really into books. I remember when this happened with Ellie too. Just one day she became obsessed with looking at books. Annie has done it too and now it's all she wants to do. Several times a day she drags a book across the floor and plunks it into our arms indicating that she wants us to read it to her. It's really kind of cute. I can't keep track of the amount of hours Ellie, Annie and I spend just flipping through book after book. I silently go crazy with the repetition, but they love it and I know it's good for them. I would never want to discourage reading. It's so great to see her become a little person. I like trying to imagine the kind of person she's gonna be.

Not exactly on the plus side, she's beginning to show some preferences in eating. This I am not as thrilled about. I admit, I have been spoiled with Ellie. She would eat anything. Even now, as a 3 year-old I can usually convince her to eat mostly everything. But Annie has been turning her nose up at lots of things lately - two dinners in a row this week. What's up with that? I am a pretty picky eater and I was WAY worse when I was a child. I've always said that Ellie was the child I never deserved when it came to eating. Well, it seems that Annie may be the child I do deserve. Oh well.

Eating aside, Annie is a joy to have around. We love her lots, her sister most especially. I just had to include this picture. Ellie had been lying on her bed and Annie climbed on top of her. Ellie said, "Mama, take a picture." Who could reject such a perfect pose? And, even Ellie, who isn't the best smiler when it comes to pictures had a fantastic smile. I love these girls.

2 comments:

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Okay, that picture is absolutely frame-worthy. How adorable!! Annie looks so much older then she is. She is so long!

MBusse said...

As long as Annie tries an orange before she begins her first post-college job, you'll be alright ;-)

Very cute picture. I wish I had had a big sister like Ellie.