Annie has really gotten good at signing lately and we absolutely LOVE it. Here are some of the signs she's doing right now:
eat
more
all done
milk
hat
please
thank you
It is so nice to have her able to communicate with us. The other morning, she was really fussy and sad. She was pulling on Matt and he didn't know what her problem was. Then she made the "eat" sign and he knew right away that she was hungry. He gave her a snack and she was completely content. There is no doubt in my mind that teaching my kids some American sign language has definitely made my life easier. It cuts out a lot of frustration and sadness for both kids and parents. Babies and toddlers are so happy when they can express their desires and needs. And I am happy to be able to know what they want. Go signing!
3 comments:
How early did you start teaching it to Annie? I have been using the sign for "more" for Eleana, but am not consistent. Any suggestions? Help please!
Thanks!
I start signing as early as 4 months. As soon as they have any attention span, I start doing it. Of course, it doesn't start clicking until later, but they do pick it up sooner than you think. Annie really got the hang of more at 9 or 10 months. Just keep at it, Eleana will pick it up. You'll love it!
I'm totally with you. For the longest time Aaron wouldn't say milk but because we have taught him some ASL, he can communicate with us. It is so nice and I am starting with Cole. Hopefully he can pick some things up just as quick as Aaron did. Congrats Annie!
Post a Comment