No, we're not moving. We're not even close to moving. I am just obsessed with house plans. I LOVE them. I really do. I could look at house plans for hours. I have been known to check out house plan books from the library and pore over them trying to find the perfect house plan. I still haven't found it yet. Who knows if I ever will? Actually, I probably would need to find an architect to draw it for me. Not that I think we will ever be in the position to have a house built for us, or get to dictate that kind of thing when we pick another house. But don't you just love dreaming about the perfect house for you? I do. Here are some of the things I would love:
1. a big kitchen island. And I don't want anything on it - no sink, no stove top, nothing. I want it to be totally open to use for baking - rolling out cookies, dough for rolls and bread. It would act as my dining room table currently does - the center of baking fun.
2. a pantry - a walk in one, please! I would LOVE a place to keep all of my kitchen appliances and more food storage.
3. An office for Matt - it would be so nice to have his computer away from our toy room/ TV room
4. a toy room - one place for all the toys. I especially would love this to be the attic. I think it would be so fun to have a decked out attic, with toys.
5. a TV room/game room - the entertaining room, with a game table and while I'm dreaming a flat screen TV - and this would preferably be in a basement.
6. a huge laundry/hobby room - this will be my favorite place. It will be kind of like an office for me, where I get stuff done.
7. a huge garage - at least two, maybe three cars. We could use part of it for storage and I wouldn't have to clean off the car from snow or make several trips back and forth to get the groceries!
8. a mudroom - this could be part of a hobby room, just a place to put things as you're going in and out of the house on the way to the kitchen.
9. a bedroom for every kid - even if I use them as guestrooms while they are young so they can be roommates. I just want my kids to have their own room sometime before they graduate high school (unlike my poor older brothers).
10. a brain room - that's the word Matt and I have come up with. Basically it's an open room with lots of foot traffic, preferably on the second floor, like a loft to be used as a study place. This is where the computer would live to make sure it is out in the open and where the kids would do their homework. I'm seeing desks, comfy chairs, a big table to do projects on, bookshelves.
11. a huge, mega huge storage room. To house all the food storage I'm supposed to have and everything else.
12. a sunroom - just a place to bask in the sun. No purpose at all but to sit in the sun. (OK, so this is the room that is probably my most unrealistic room, but I want it just the same).
13. a big deck - large enough for a BBQ
14. a walk in closet in the master bedroom.
15. a master bathroom that has double sinks and a bathtub (it doesn't even have to be a big one, just a tub.) And I would LOVE a circular walk in shower made with glass blocks - so pretty!
16. a really big family room right up front, so that people could come right in. It would house our piano and couches and ideally have a big window where our Christmas tree will go each year.
That's it for now. There's probably more, but that's what I can think of right now. I know, it will never happen. But a girl can dream, can't she? And wouldn't you love to live in this house? I would.
4 comments:
My friend looked at a house where they had a washer and dryer in the master bedroom closet. How blissful to have to carry your laundry, oh, six inches.
Do you remember looking at books of house plans while on vacation and you picked out your dream house - it had waterfalls and all? LOL. It's funny how our priorities change as we get older, huh? Right now, I'd be happy if I could have a pantry, basement, and garage. A laundry room on the same floor as the bedrooms wouldn't be so bad either...
Shelly, that does sound like an awesome house. And plenty of houses have sun rooms, so I don't think that is your most unrealistic room at all. I love looking at houses and house plans too (though I've never checked out library books on the subject). I've been planning my ideal house for awhile now. It's a castle (b/c I love the look of old stone castles). With secret passageways, of course! :)
Sold! I'll take two. The only thing I'd add is a library (though perhaps the brain room is one?). I've always thought it would be neat to have a posh place for all my books to live, with lots of comfy bean bag chairs and such to lounge in while reading. Ben wants a basement media room with a big screen and surround sound... and theater/stadium style seating, while he's dreaming :).
Post a Comment