Friday, January 16, 2009

Voluntarily Homebound

Two things keeping me home from now and this coming Tuesday.

1. the intensely cold weather - it is FREAKING cold today

and

2. the vast humanity converging on Washington DC for the inauguration.

I don't even want to venture anywhere near the Capitol. They are expecting as many as 5 million (!!!!!) people attending. Are you kidding me? Every bridge is being just down, major roads closed, parking lots blocked. What a mess!!

We briefly considered taking a weekend trip to get away, but we're afraid that we'll run into traffic from everyone else who wants to flee the city. So, we've decided to hole up at home with the intent of not straying more than a mile radius from our house. I think we will probably go to the grocery store, the gym, church, and maybe the library.

And believe me, it's not because I'm a sore loser, if the other guy had won, I would be doing the same thing! Besides I already went to the 2000 inauguration - been there, done that! It was crazy cold and long. Not worth it. Next time I do it, I'm going to have to be swearing myself in or holding the Bible for the person who is getting sworn in. Seeing as how that's not very likely, I don't think I'll be attending another inauguration in person. Crazy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow, that almost sounds like you'll need your 72 hour kit. Good luck. I've heard it is cold out there. You need to come to San Diego and visit again.