Monday, January 19, 2009

Ellie's First Haircut

Ellie is 3 years and almost 3 months old and we've finally given Ellie her first haircut. I really didn't want to do it, because we waited so long for her to have any hair at all. I just couldn't get myself to cut any hair. On top of that, she has had the cutest little curl in the back and I just didn't want to let it go.

But Ellie's little friend got a haircut recently and Ellie started to ask for one and I didn't want to fight her over it. So finally, on Friday I gave in.

Before

As you can see, she had a good amount of length on the back, but very little on the side. I just evened things out - taking just a tiny amount off on the side and almost 4 inches off the back.
She was so good during the haircut sitting so still and patiently.

Here's the final product - back and front.


And just for a walk down memory lane - here's a look at Ellie's hair over the past three January's.

January 2006 (2 months)
January 2007 (1 year)
January 2008 (2 years)

4 comments:

Rob and Jewls said...

love it, love it, love it!!!!! she looks darling...the first haircut is always the hardest! good job, though!

M said...

It looks great Shelly! I love bob cuts on little girls--I think they're so sassy and cute.

Jill said...

Wow! You're brave to cut it yourself! I cut Ryan's and Jeff's hair, but it seems girls hair is different. I can do a trim (when the time comes), but to actually do a style? Wow! Good for you!

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Yea, I am not sure I will ever tackle cutting Eleana's hair myself. Ellie looks great!