I'm so ready for January to be over.
First off, I am tired of the cold weather. It hasn't even been all that bad this year, but I'm tired of the cold anyway. I want warm weather so that the girls and I can spend long hours at the park. I really do belong in Southern California if weather were the only factor.
Also, with our new self-imposed budget accompanying the aforementioned "Year on the Cheap," our budgeted money for this month is running out. So I am awaiting the start of the new month again.*
Next, unlike many others, I am not thrilled with the new administration. So seeing the end of the Bush Administration was sad and watching my country fall head over heels in love with a tax raising, new program building, big government spender has not been my cup of tea. Believe me, I'm thrilled that we've elected an African American as president. I think it's long overdue. But did his politics have to be so directly opposite of my own?
Plus, college football is over and the Cougs ended on a low note with the loss in their bowl game.
So what I really need is a good February, which shouldn't be too hard since my birthday and Valentine's Day both happen in February. Throw in a 3-day weekend for President's Day and it should be much better. Plus February is only 28 days, meaning we only have to make our new budget stretch 28 days instead of 31.
*See when we run out of money, we go without and make cuts. We don't go to our employer and demand a raise or a bonus. Politicians take note: don't raise our taxes. Slash waste, duplicity and inefficiency and make do. That's what every American family does already.
1 comment:
I don't know what to think of the new administration either. I'm kind of missing Bush. Not the most popular feeling, but that's where I'm at nonetheless. Like I said, come visit us for warmer weather. Today it's raining but most days are cheerful and warm.
Post a Comment