Friday, September 28, 2007

Every Rose Has Its Thorn

Matt surprised us with six beautiful pink roses last night when he came home from work. They are gorgeous and smell wonderful. Of course, the thorn is that Matt followed the presentation of the roses with these words "You can look at these roses for the next several days and think about how much I love you since I won't be around to say it myself."

Meaning that Matt is going to be putting in a TON of hours at work for the next couple of weeks. Fortunately, we've known it was coming, but it's still no fun. He has been working on this case for a year now and they are finally coming down to the last few weeks. Meaning that everything is coming to a head and everyone is working long hours and hunkering down, etc, etc, etc. The last written deadline (which is the BIG one) is October 11th, and the last day of oral arguments is October 17th. Things should actually be pretty bearable after the 11th, but til then they are running on full cylinders.

Both Matt and I can't wait for this nasty trial to be done and overwith. He needs a break and we'd like to have Daddy back too. This is yet another reason why I want time to fly. Enjoying life is a lot more fun when you have your best friend around. Here's to a very quick two weeks!

No comments: