Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Final Six Weeks

Yesterday marked the final six weeks of this pregnancy. I was so thrilled when I entered the single digits when counting weeks left in the pregnancy and now it's six weeks. While six weeks doesn't seem very long, I'm getting to the point where it seems almost like an eternity. A lot of that has to do with the fact that it's getting harder and harder to move around and my energy runs out much earlier than it usually does. Plus I feel like I have gotten about as big as I can get, so it's frustrating to realize I still have six more weeks to grow larger and larger!

When I was growing up, our school semesters were divided into six week periods. We would always get our progress reports every six weeks so we could gauge how we were doing in each class. Being the overly obsessive nerdy student that I was, six weeks always seemed like a really long time to get a progress report. So even now, I feel like six weeks is still a real long time away. And it doesn't help that it's still September and the baby's not coming until November, meaning I have the entire month of October to get through too.

Of course, I keep reminding myself that it's a lot easier to take care of a baby in utero than when they come out. They are much quieter and don't steal all of your sleep when they are inside you. But there comes a time that you just want your body back too. If only I could skip the first six sleepless months. But enough complaining, the baby will come and the time will go by - maybe even faster than I realize.

1 comment:

TracieCarter said...

It'll fly as you enjoy fall and absorbing every last bit of having only one child. She'll love all the attention too!