Monday, September 17, 2007

2007: No Fly Zone

I can't believe this is true. When I first realized it, I thought it was some mistake. But there's no denying it - 2007 may be the first year in about 13 years where I haven't stepped foot on an airplane. Amazing.

I didn't plan for this to happen, it just seems like it did. We got back from Christmas last year just before the new year started (Dec 28th) - and I haven't been on a plane since. I guess most of my flying happens during the summer and the holidays. But since we've had a summer of no vacation, we haven't flown anywhere. Now that I'm 33 weeks pregnant, I certainly can't fly until the baby comes in early November. And then there's the recovery and well, that's the year. We've already told Matt's parents (it's their turn) that we aren't going home for Christmas this year - there are just too many reasons to list, most of them having to do with having a second baby who will be only 6 weeks old at the time. So it's solidified, I will be airborne-free this entire year. I didn't know it was possible.

I don't know that I have an opinion about it, but I do feel like it is worth acknowledging. So there you go. Let it be known - the girl who used to fly all the time, especially when I worked for the Senate, will have been grounded for a year come January 2008. Who would've of thought?

5 comments:

Ryann said...

I too have been grounded for awhile. I flew several times when I just had Emilie, but for some reason I haven't flown since I have had more kids. Strange. But that will change next summer for better worse. And I'll be flying alone with three kiddos-agghhh!

By the way, it's good to see you adding comments!

M said...

It's not true Shelly! You flew to Indiana in January for our Jill's Lounge road trip reunion.

Marni

M said...

PS I love the photos!!!!

Shelly said...

Marni! You're absolutely right! How could I forget that?!?!? Silly me. Okay, I ammend my post, by January 12, 2008 I will have completed a year of no flying.

Sabrina said...

I think I would go CRAZY if I were grounded off a plane for a whole year! I feel for ya!