There is too much to say about our two mini-trips. So here are some of the highlights of our first trip to Pennsylvania.
Hersheypark was GREAT! We had a wonderful time. We took Ellie on every single ride she was allowed on - most of them were a variation of riding some sort of thing (helicopter, bee, car, train, car, etc) around in circles. She's so funny. She's such a serious little girl. She held a straight face on almost all of the rides. Most of the time, she stared toward the center and you could almost see her little brain trying to figure out how the whole thing worked.
I was surprised, but grateful when the lady at the admission booth said I could buy the "accessible" pass, which is almost half as much as full price, since I was very noticeably pregnant and wouldn't be able to ride most of the rides. I was even more surprised when we found at least three rides that Ellie could ride on with Matt that I could not go on b/c I am pregnant! I figured anything she could ride on would be safe enough for me. I guess that's not the case!
On Saturday, we visited Chocolate World in Hershey. I even got myself a pack of my favorite Reese Peanut Butter Cups.
The same day we took a ride on the Strasburg Rail Road steam train in Strasburg, PA. This is an authentic steam train that has been restored to the way it was used back in the early part of the century. It was about an hour round trip. Ellie LOVED riding on the big, big choo choo train! And she is still talking about it - every day since. She just kept saying "Wow! Ellie ride big, big, choo choo train!" I don't know if we will ever be able to go to a small train again.
We stayed at a Residence Inn while in PA. I love the Residence Inn. It is especially wonderful for families. You have a separate, enclosed bedroom off the living area, so we could put Ellie to sleep early and stay up and watch tv or do whatever and not worry about waking her up. Plus they have the best hot breakfast buffet every morning. I love the make your own waffles station. Plus the pool and the workout room were great too. It was Ellie's first stay in a hotel and it went really well.
All in all, it was a wonderful trip. The weather was nice and the destinations were everything we hoped for. We could have done without some of the traffic jams we ran into, but other than that no major complaints.
No comments:
Post a Comment