Monday, September 10, 2007

Mormon Californians

So I spent a good portion of Saturday night mocking the commentators of the BYU vs. UCLA game. More than once they pointed out that the stadium (the game was a home game for UCLA) was filled with BYU fans (almost split half and half they said). They were so impressed that so many people traveled from Provo, Utah to watch the game. I just had to laugh at their obvious naivety. Of course, there probably were a few people who traveled from Provo - mostly the players and cheerleaders. But, I'll bet money that the majority of the BYU fans in that stadium live in Southern California - my little sister included. Come on folks, California is the home of the highest number of Mormons outside of Utah - and a lot of them are BYU grads. When I was at BYU the majority of the people I met were either from Utah or California. Anyway, it was something to laugh at while watching the game.

Too bad the Cougars lost in the end. They had a pretty rough first half. Then really led an amazing comeback in the second half that sadly fell short. Oh well. We still have lots of games to play this year - so no worries. Go BYU!

No comments: