Monday, December 10, 2007

Alone

I took my mother to the airport Saturday morning and literally cried on the way there and back. I didn't want her to leave. I even asked Matt if he'd be ok with Mom living with us for another few months. He was fully in favor. Of course, she can't. She has work and my dad would miss her too. But I think it would be heaven. She was so incredibly helpful while she was here. I honestly don't think I saw her go to the bathroom the whole time, or eat for that matter. She was with one of the girls all day. She forced me to take naps. She changed diapers, everything. I just love her so much. I can't believe she's gone.

I have been so extremely fortunate - thanks to Matt's generous paternity leave, Thanksgiving, fantastic in-laws, and my parents, I have had five weeks of help since Annie's birth. A girl couldn't ask for anything more. Honestly, who has this kind of wonderful support? And so many others - neighbors and friends - have reached out with meals, gifts, diapers (yes!), - everything.

Now I find myself 100% alone with my two little girls today. Fortunately, Ellie was kind of enough to sleep in a little today. I was able to shower, eat and feed Annie before I got her up. We even made it to the grocery store this morning with both girls in tow (Thanks goodness for car carts!) If every day goes like this, we might actually make it. There's no turning back now - wish us luck!

Here's pics of me and my girls and my mom and the girls.



2 comments:

Cindylou said...

You need to frame those pics! They are great!

Sabrina said...

So, that is where you were this morning - Jasmine and I tried to stop by to see if you needed any support on your first day on your own with the two girls for the first time! Jasmine was sad- she wanted to see Ellie! Good job today!