Thursday, December 06, 2007

SNOW!!!!

We got our first snowfall of the season yesterday! It is beautiful. Luckily, there wasn't that much and the roads aren't too bad. We even ventured out to a Christmas open house at the Daugthers of American Revolution museum last night despite the falling snow. We had a wonderful time. They had many of their period rooms decorated for the holidays, refreshments, various singers and Santa too. The highlight for Ellie was the childrens' area complete with vintage toys to play with. She had to sit in every single kid chair, push the old fashioned baby stroller and even enjoyed her first tea party. She was a little scared of Santa, and only managed to get close enough to him to take a candy cane from him. Annie, however, was not afraid to take a picture with Santa, as she slept through the whole thing!








Our only objective this morning was to get snowboots for Ellie so she could go walking through the snow. I don't know what I was thinking, but I didn't think that she would need boots, as it didn't occur to me that she would actually want to walk IN the snow. Well, I found out really quick yesterday that, indeed, if there is snow on the ground, Ellie wants to walk in it. So off we went. And it only took two stores before we found a good pair. Here's Ellie with her new boots walking through the snow.


No comments: