Saturday, December 08, 2007

Deck the Halls

We decorated our house for Christmas last week. We started with picking out the Christmas tree. Matt insists on getting a real tree every year and I really like the tradition. My parents were still in town so they came a long.

I was sure that we were really going to have problems keeping Ellie from touching the tree this year as she's much more interested and mobile this year. Fortunately, we explained to her from the start that after we put the ornaments on the tree, we couldn't touch them again and she's been really good at leaving the tree alone. She was so careful handing all of the ornaments to her Daddy. She wanted to make sure that everything was right - which is really her trademark personality trait. She even insists that the lights on the tree be turned on at all times.



Here's the final project.



I also continued my tradition of making a wreath for the door. It's so fun to do, and I always have fond memories of our time in Cambridge, MA where I learned how to do it.



Finally, Matt put out the lights outside. We certainly aren't as elaborate as others, but we like the lights we have and are probably a little too lazy to add anymore. If we ever do more, we'll probably have to contract out.


No comments: