It wasn't until recently that Ellie really became aware of what I am buying when we're at the store. So I have enjoyed the luxury of buying her gifts with her right along in the cart and never ruining any surprise. But alas, those days are gone. So off I went last night, by myself, to buy Christmas gifts while Matt stayed home with the girls. And now I remember what it's like to shop at night when EVERYBODY in the whole world is shopping. See, I've been spoiled, I only do my shopping during the day with Ellie so I'm used to short lines, relatively empty aisles, and good parking spaces. All of this disappears at night. I went to three different stores and each was crowded and all the lines were long.
And I'm just gonna say this once - DO NOT get into the 20 items or less line when you have clearly more than 40 items!!!!!!!!! I can't STAND it when people do that. (And yes, 9 exclamation points just about expresses my frustration with this kind of atrocity.)
So it took me longer than I had anticipated, and instead of returning home relaxed from having a break from the girls, I was wound up with frustration - and there is still more shopping to do. But now I'm seriously considering doing the rest online!
No comments:
Post a Comment