Wednesday night the neighbors on our street threw a block party. We had such a great time. We live in a townhome community that has several house houses on our little cul-de-sac - probably as many as 40. Well, two of the neighbors decided it was high time we throw together a little bbq and it was a big success.
We've lived in our neighborhood for over four years now, but we've never done anything like this before. It was easy, everyone just brought their own meat and a side dish to share. We laughed; got to know each other better; learned names of neighbors we've seen tons of times, but never actually asked their names. I'm so glad it happened.
I wish I had taken pictures because it was so much fun. This summer particularly, we have been spending a lot of time with our neighbors - especially three families who have kids near the same age as Ellie and Annie. It has been so nice to just step outside and have playmates for the girls. I don't know what I would do without them. These particular three families were the ones that came up with the idea of the block party. And everyone agreed we need to do another one in the fall. Can't wait. It's so nice to feel a part of a community.
1 comment:
Isn't it great to have relationships with neighbors? I had the best neighbors growing up, and their grandkids were some of my best friends. My life was definitely enriched by them.
So glad the girls have that too!
Post a Comment