Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Quickening
So last night just as I was lying in bed about to fall asleep, I felt my first baby kick. It's so exciting to feel the baby for the first time. It really starts to sink in that yes, there's a baby inside me and there they are, letting me know they're there. I admit, I haven't been as excited about this whole pregnancy, but I found myself feeling a little giddy when I felt that first kick. I only felt a few more after it, but it was really fun. Poor Matt, though he put his hand right over the spot where the baby had kicked and stayed there for a few minutes, I guess the kicks weren't strong enough for him to feel. Not to worry, pretty soon they'll be so strong you won't have to be touching my stomach to notice them. That's when things get really crazy, when you can just see the baby moving! Anyway, happy baby moving. This little action has made me anticipate our ultrasound this Friday even more. And for the record, if I was to guess, (and I really have no strong feelings either way) I think this one is another girl. We'll see if I'm right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you have about a 50-50 chance.
Post a Comment