It's happening again. It seems that when I am pregnant, and only when I am pregnant, my ability to breathe through my nose properly when I sleep disappears. It's incredibly frustrating for not only me (seeing as how I can't breathe) and Matt (seeing as how it causes me to snore). It only happens when I am pregnant, and I really don't know why. How could my nose and my airways be blocked by a little thing growing in my uterus? I just don't know.
So I use those breathing strips that you put on your nose when I sleep. And you know, they are pretty wonderful. I'm not totally sure that they stop the snoring, but they do help me breathe better. Poor Matt was so worried about snoring, that he asked my roommate behind my back, if I snored before he proposed. Of course, I didn't snore while I was her roommate since I was never pregnant as her roommate. She answered truthfully and said I didn't snore. Who knew that pregnancy would cause such changes? It's a good thing that the breathing problem always leaves me as soon as the baby it out of me. Just another thing to deal with.
3 comments:
I snore when I'm pregnant too. My OBGYN told me to tell my husband he'd better just deal with it. No complaining allowed since I was the one who was dealing with EVERYTHING while he had an occasional bad night's sleep. :)
You poor thing. If it makes you feel any better, Jeff snores every now and again terribly. He has allergies and has to use an inhaler. The other night it totally woke me up and sounded like a chainsaw was ripping through the ceiling. I just laughed when I told him in the morning. It's just one of those things a spouse tolerates from time to time. At least you both know it will go away after you have the baby.
For the record, you haven't really started snoring yet. I have heard a grand total of maybe five or six snores during the course of this pregnancy. My experience is that it gets worse as the pregnancy progresses, but the nose strips really do help. I can deal with it, as it is just a temporary problem.
Post a Comment