The other day Ellie announced what she wanted to be when she grows up. The conversation went something like this:
Ellie - I know what I want to be when I grow up.
Me - That's great, Ellie what do you want to be when you grow up? (She's gonna say she wants to be a Mama like me, how cute is this?)
Ellie - A UPS man.
Me - Huh?.... A UPS man?
Ellie - Yes, a UPS man.
Me - Why do you want to be a UPS man, Ellie?
Ellie - Because they bring packages and you never know how many packages they are going to bring. People will see me and they will say "There's the UPS man" and they won't know how many packages I will bring.
Me - Are you sure you don't want to do something else? (Maybe be a doctor, writer, president, etc).
I should have seen this coming. Every day Ellie has her quiet time in her room for two hours. She's long since given up naps so she does all sorts of things to entertain herself up there in her room. One thing I know she does is watch everything that occurs outside her window. Well, our next door neighbor buys a ton of things online. I'm not kidding, she gets packages (from the UPS man) nearly every day and they usually come during Ellie's nap time. Ellie also spots the UPS truck on the street with as much frequency and accuracy as a firetruck, ambulance, or other kid favorite vehicle. Yet, it still surprised me.
A little later in the conversation....
Ellie - But I will be a UPS girl, because I am a girl. And after I am a UPS girl, I will have a baby in my tummy and be a mama.
Me - That's great Ellie.
2 comments:
How cute is that!!
This is hilarious!! I suppose it shouldn't be too surprising that Ellie wants to be a UPS girl, given that one of her first words was "car." Naturally she'd be drawn to a job that would allow her to drive all day. Hee hee. Very cute.
Post a Comment