Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ellie's Prayer

Here's a prayer that Ellie dictated. She wanted me to write it down while she said it and I thought it was too cute not to post.

"Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this day. Thank you for all your wonderful creations. Thank for living in Heaven. Bless me that when I die, I will see you and Jesus. Bless me that I will be resurrected after I die. Bless me that I will always be Annie-baby's sister. Bless Annie that she will always be my baby sister. Bless Mommy and Daddy that they will always be my mom and dad. Bless people that they will always be me and Annie's friends. And Emily and Maddie* too. Bless that we will always love Emily and Maddie. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

How cute is that? I love how she laid out the plan of salvation and eternal families in just a few sentences. She knows so much. It blows my mind.


*Emily and Maddie are Ellie's two favorite people. Emily lives down the street and is 3 years old. Maddie is 10 and Ellie adores her.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

What a wonderful prayer! You are doing a fabulous job teaching her!

And funny about her friends. I saw that and said there is no way she remembers my kids. Too cute!

Matt Astle said...

Wow. I may have heard Annie say "I love Mama," but I think we're at least even with this. All I ever hear Ellie pray is "Bless us to be good."