Saturday, August 01, 2009

Elle's First Talk

Ellie gave her first talk in primary this last Sunday. She was so excited! I was so glad she didn't freak out and start crying or something (though that is completely not in her nature, so I don't know why I thought she might) Instead she ran right up to the podium when her talk was announced and practically gave the talk herself. We had run through it enough times that she had it down pretty well. She talked about how she strengthens her family. Some things she does that she talked about are saying prayers, reminding us to say prayers, reading her scriptures, picking out the songs for family home evening, obeying, sharing with Annie, and giving hugs and kisses. I can't believe that she is old enough to be giving a talk. She's growing up so much. Her verbal, reasoning and readings skills are improving. She's just amazing to me. On the way home, we were telling her again how well she did in her talk. She said "Now I want to give a talk in sacrament meeting." Can you believe this girl? No fear. Well, she'll get her chance during the primary program coming up in September. What a cutie!

1 comment:

Matt Astle said...

Here's the video of Ellie's talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOR1aInEOFY